A live-in Rotational Nanny is required by a family, primarily based in West Sussex, to assist with their three children, aged 8, 6 and 5 years.
The family are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person who loves children, who is a confident driver, has strong communication, cooperation and interpersonal skills and is comfortable around animals, as they have a dog.
Applicants must have excellent experience working within a childcare related profession (min. 5 years), must be able to work as a team alongside the family’s other household staff and must have excellent references from previous employers illustrating a history of reliability and commitment within their profession. There is a 24-hour commitment during the rota period (2 weeks stints).
Duties will include full childcare, often as the primary carer, as the parents travel for business reasons, and generally being a responsible ‘extra pair of hands’ for the extremely busy parents. This family travels frequently and the nanny will be expected to accompany them to their other residences in London and abroad in Europe.
Accommodation of own room with en-suite bathroom is offered. The candidate should have a clean driving license and a recent criminal records check.
The family are seeking a person who intends to make a long-term commitment to the family – the children are young therefore it is very important to the parents that their children are provided with carer continuity.
• Care and nurture of children
• Care for children’s laundry including washing and ironing
• Packing and preparing for trips
• Bathing and dressing
• Reading to the children and overseeing/expanding the children’s book collection
• Help with homework
• Dropping and collecting the children from school, activities, and playdates
• Planning and cooking nutritious meals
• Taking the children to local activities, parks, and classes
• Making regular inventories of clothes, shoes, etc
Household responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the playroom, kitchen and children’s bedrooms are tidy and organized
• Cleaning and tidying the kitchen after preparing meals
• Maintaining a grocery list and buying groceries and items for the children when needed
• Emptying the dishwasher / Light housekeeping
• Create a stimulating, nurturing and fun environment for the children
• Maintain consistency regarding rules and boundaries towards the children as to be agreed with the parents
• Complete daily/weekly log for parents
• Teach the children good manners
• Maintain a high standard of tidyness in the house and involve the children into that in a positive manner
• Plan and lead educational activities in a creative way
• Total discretion, confidentiality and integrity at all times
• High standard of written and verbal communication
• Ability to adjust/respond rapidly to changing circumstances and priorities
• Highly organized and pre-emptive
• £45K to £55K gross per annum