Family in Chicago looking to hire a seasonal, 3 month travel nanny to care for two young, energetic daughters, 3 and 5 during the holiday season (potential to be hired full-time if its a great fit)!
Must be equal parts talented and fun! This position offers a *rotational schedule alternating (12 hour) shifts with another full-time nanny in a 5/2 split each week. This nanny must be a pro-active self-starter who can work collaboratively with the other household staff and alongside an active and involved stay-at-home mom. Adaptability to the family’s on-the-go lifestyle as well as their style of respectful parenting is a must.
Candidate must be flexible for domestic and international travel as needed, as well as travel to the family’s second home in the suburbs. This nanny loves making life easier for the team and is super organized- or is willing to learn folding tricks and isn’t afraid of a label maker.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Overall daily care of the children – tending to their basic needs in a warm, structured, and
• Assist with dressing, bathing, brushing hair and teeth, and other day-to-day hygienic needs
• Execute child-related management duties during school hours: laundry, organizational projects, change wardrobes seasonally, taking inventory, restocking and ordering supplies, rotating out age-inappropriate toys and books, etc.
• Ability to drive to an from schools for drop off and pick-ups at school and extracurriculars
• Plan age-appropriate activities and playdates
• Pack and unpack travel suitcases, plan and attend vacation activities, swim with the children
• Travel with family on various trips throughout the year
• In partnership with parents, instill good manners and a sense of respect and responsibility in children
In addition to having prior nannying, teaching or other experience caring for children, candidate must have training in First Aid and infant/child CPR. Training in early childhood education is preferred and Spanish is a plus. Nanny should be proactive, upbeat, patient. Must have integrity, grit and no drama/ego.
While the family makes all efforts to inform its staff of schedule shifts and travel plans, flexibility is a requirement for this position. Employees are expected to work on holidays unless otherwise notified.
All employees of the family are expected to have and maintain a driver’s license and clean driving record. A passport is prefferred, as well as the ability to confidently and safely swim with two young children.
*Schedule provides 2 consistent days off during the week (either Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday) and every other weekend off*