ROTA Governess needed for UHNW family in New York
Type of Job
June 23rd, 2022
About the Agency
About the job
EXPERIENCED ROTA GOVERNESS
FOR PRIVATE FAMILY IN NEW YORK
• Up to $150,000 gross p.a. DOE
• New York, USA
• Immediate start
• US work permit holders only
• Rota schedule | Live-in
Chace People is looking for an experienced and creative Governess for a lovely,
ultra-high net worth family in New York. The family has 2 children aged between
2-7 years old and you would be responsible for the care of both.
You will have an educational background with knowledge of Montessori and
Steiner (Norland and Chiltern Nannies welcome) and would be able to develop a
deep and caring relationship with the children. It’s vital for this role that you are
fast on your feet, extremely organised and can think ahead as the family travels a
lot and they would like their Governess to accompany them.
The ideal person for this position would be:
• Calm and centered and also with a fun and active energy
• Respectful of privacy and confidentiality
• Able to see quickly what needs to be done to hit the ground running
• Big on setting routines and teaching manners
• Sporty and energetic; able to join in on the playground and with children’s
• Understand children’s nutrition and food allergies
• Happy to prepare, cook and suggest healthy meals for the children (please
note that the family does employ a Chef)
• Able to help with school and stay on top of projects
• You would be a confident driver; however, the household is fully staffed
with drivers available for the children as and when needed
• Taking and accompanying the children to extracurricular classes such as
ballet, theatre class, music class, art class, figure skating and horseback
This is a live-in position and the accommodation offered to you will either be in
the main residence, or an apartment nearby - TBD. The family split their time
mainly between Manhattan and Upstate New York with travel around the world.
You will be working in a hybrid 24 cover, rota situation with an existing fantastic
Nanny and an exact schedule will be discussed with successful applicants and
worked out to suit both employees and the family, in line with the children’s
needs. You will be a true team player!
This is a lovely position for the right person and our client is looking for someone
to stay with them long-term and to nurture the children as they grow and develop
through these early years. Candidates who have an arts background are highly
desirable to suit the childrens’ creative abilities.
If this sounds like the right role for you, then please do get in touch, we’d love to
hear from you!
Please note that candidates with relevant experience and excellent, checkable
references need only apply.