Live in or daily Nanny needed for HNW family near Bath, Somerset
Type of Job
Live in or Live out
March 24th, 2022
About the Agency
About the job
Professional Energetic Nanny required for lovely HNW family with older children
Location: Near Bath, UK
Salary: £45,000-£60,000 per annum
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent
Status: can be live-in or live-out (or live in from Mon-Fri only)
We are working with a lovely family who are looking for an active, aspirational, kind and enthusiastic, Nanny for their two girls (aged 10 and 12). The girls are both incredibly athletic and enjoy a variety of sports, so require a Nanny who is full of energy and can be active, playing tennis, swimming, trampolining etc. They are also very musical so any skills and passions for music would be a great benefit.
The ideal nanny will be fun, energetic, creative and engaging as well as kind and caring. Experience of working with older children is highly desirable for this role as the family are looking to hire someone long-term. The girls are coming into their teenage years and are looking for someone to undertake the ‘big sister’ role in terms of shopping, styling, and general advice for the girls as they grow up.
When the girls are at school you will have some free time, but will also be expected to take responsibility for administrative tasks related to the girls such as liaising with school, ensuring that school timetables and clubs etc. are organised, sorting out the children’s clothes, equipment, school uniform etc. You will also sort out their bedrooms, assist with homework and occasionally cook for the children. However, this is a fully-staffed house with a team of housekeepers, cooks, gardeners and security, which means that your focus will be entirely on the girls and their well-being.
Our client is very much looking for a nanny to be part of the family – someone who is confident and outgoing, happy to travel regularly on holiday with the family, and who can build a brilliant rapport with the girls, the parent, the extended family, and the household staff team.
Core working hours would be 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday (with a break when the girls are at school) with a lot of flexibility required, as well as 24-hour proxy parenting when the parent is travelling. This position can be live-out or live-in, depending on your preference and location, or can be live-in from Monday to Friday only. If live-in, you will be provided with a spacious self-contained two-bedroom flat on the grounds of the estate.
• Prior Nanny experience with a private family
• Experience with older children in a nanny, teacher, tutor or in a mentoring capacity
• Some education and/or teaching experience would be beneficial, but is not essential
• Athletic, sporty and happy to engage in a range of sporting activities
• Well-presented with an interest in fashion
• Valid driving licence and confident driver
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Kind, warm and caring nature
• Patient, easy-going and happy to be flexible
• Valid DBS check and first aid trained
• Polished and professional
• Discreet, reliable and boundaried
• Flexible to travel with the family during school holidays
• Excellent English – both spoken and written
• Brilliant checkable references