French speaking Governess in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Type of Job
June 17th, 2022
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the Agency
About the job
One of our long-term clients is looking for a French-speaking governess to start with their family asap. The candidate should also speak English fluently.
the person sought would be working alongside the English Governess already in place. A good level of English is important.
The family have 3 lovely children aged 10 yo (twin boys) and a 9yo girl.
A fabulous salary is offered to the right person: £6400 month
Working hours: 7 to 8 hours per day - 5 days per week.
French Governess Duties
- Teaching French through conversation, games, flashcards and any easy fun way. Once children have developed some vocabulary, then we can move to proper lessons. Start with short lessons and increase as they improve.
- Performing science experiments. Using simple material, we have a few books with ideas for science experiments. The internet provides many suggestions as well.
- Art projects. Easy DIY, recycling and repurposing household waste to make fun projects.
- Homework. Ensures that all homework is done and that the children have their backpacks packed with their lessons ready to be turned in.
- Educational outings especially when travelling. Play with the kids in a fun, yet educational way.
- Make sure kids have reading time.
- Engage children in conversation to determine their specific likes and dislikes and gauge their individual personalities.
- Listen to kids' podcasts.
- Talk to kids about philanthropy and ask them for ideas.
- Etiquette. Social etiquette, eating etiquette and table manners, bathroom etiquette, telephone etiquette, email/text etiquette, etiquette in the family..etc
- Social skills. Elaborating on social etiquette and making sure children have enough knowledge and confidence to be able to communicate nicely with their friends and widen their social network on their own.
- Helps the children get ready for school or for the day. Accompany them in outings, school pick up/drop off and any other outings.
- Responsible for keeping the room where the children work (playroom) clean and organized.
- Communicate with other employees regarding logistics before outings and party activities or formal gatherings.
- Preparing activities for play dates, arranging snacks, making sure of the menu, guiding other staff regarding space setup to fit kids' activities.
- Setting and organizing a timetable. Plan a routine that allows for fun and educational activities.
- Oversee children’s activities.
- Create a nutritional meal plan for each day, based on each assigned child’s specific nutritional needs.
- Make sure they have enough physical activities each day. Can compensate by going out and performing a quick workout.
- Assure that the environment is conducive to learning and comfort.
- Provide solid feedback to parents regarding their children’s abilities and limitations.
If the job description sounds like you please apply now!
Please note that checkable references, DBS or police check, a valid passport and a first-aid certificate are required to be able to apply.
Saudi Arabia requires to be vaccinated to be able to enter the country.